Sunday, February 24, 2013

Kingsley Type Set in Boxes


 While on vacation two weeks ago, we picked up this wonderful box of Hot Foil type sets.
They all come in boxes with hinged lids, except top one has no lid.


 Here is a close up of the top box...


 Each box has a different font in it, and the fonts are pictured on the front of the box.


 On the lid of each box is the Kingsley Machine Co., Hollywood, Calif.
Some in ovals, some in rectangles, (like below.)
Most boxes have complete sets of type in them,
or at least some of each letter.




Here are the instructions, on inside of lids each box lid.

and here is a close up of type set holders, and how to place type.
Did I get any type set holders???
or the rest of it??
No, silly me.
But we may go back for some....
 (They also had parts of the original print machine,
but way out of our price range....)

Here is a close up of the little 'bins' of type.

entire unit is about 10x8x8"
individual drawers are approx 8x2"
(forgot measurements, sorry)

  Thanks for coming by
blessings
barb






4 comments:

Tete said...

No that is way cool! You have to go back! That was such laboring work to get a paper out each time. Can you imagine? I think you scored big time here.

Okio B Designs said...

Wow! What a great find! I have a steel letter kit that I've been dying to use on old spoons. I haven't gotten to it yet but this definitely reminded me!

Jeanin

Corry said...

Hello Barbara

I think it was your lucky day when you found this box
That box is a beauty

I hope you understand my englisch
hugs corry

Pam said...

Hi Barb, What a great set of stamps! I use similar ones when I stamp my metal embellishments. xo Pam