Saturday, August 6, 2011

"What is it?" Revealed



Can you guess??
These are about 7/8" x 1 1/2"
but can come in a variety of sizes.
They have been rusted, cause I like rust!

C'mon. Give it a go.
Guess what it is,
and if you like 'em, you can win some.

Guess on this post only. Ends July 31st at midnight..

blessings
barbara jean

That was my post a couple of weeks ago.
Time got away from me so I am late getting
back to you on it.
We had some interesting answers, but... not the right one.
I do not think some noticed the size, 7/8x 1 1/2" size,
although I did say 'various' sizes it is true.
So, ready to see what it is??

See the lock on this?
Well, it was not that particular lock, but one very similar.
If you enlarge the picture you will see all the
little ridges on the lock.
I was curious what the inside of a lock looked like, so my
sweet fella took one apart for me.
No easy task I hear.
But, when done, the "What is it?" is what there was.

Cool huh??
OK, now, how much is it worth to those of you
who wanted some for us to do more?
(Like the way I said 'us'?) =)
My sweet fella says he can buy a tool that will make it easier,
and he assured me he would do more if people were interested.
(or, maybe he can give lessons on what he did to get it apart) =)

Thanks to all how played.
I do have a few done if anyone wants them.

blessings and happy weekend
barbara jean



4 comments:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Ooooh, I get it now! It took me a few glances to figure it out. Very clever. I have a few locks like that but wouldn't have a clue on how to get them apart. I guess that's why they make them so tough...but not tought enough if someone wants to get creative:-)

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Well, I'll be! I missed the other post. That's when I got so far behind with my blog reading, but never in a million, bazillion years would I have guessed. They are just cool as grits!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Interesting! So how many are in one lock? I guess sometimes it pays to take things apart. :) Hope your day is great. Tammy

Tete said...

I knew I had seen these somewhere. My dad took an old lock apart one time just for the fun of it.
Hugs- Tete