Sunday, July 31, 2011

Finds From the Farm/1903 Cream Seperator


Found some fun things this weekend.
Had no clue what the item in the first picture was.
It came with this box.

Here is what was inside.
"Antique Butter Cream Tester".
The lady selling it tried to tell m\e how it worked,
but I don't think she really knew either.
(she was helping to sell her friends things.)
So, some cool little glass vials inside.
Here is the date on the bottom, or top? of the tester.
and here is a link if you would like to know more about
the Hazelwood Cream Co. in Portland Oregon.
I cannot find any price info on my great find.
Anyone help me out??
Also found this old Egg carrier.
At least that is what I think it is.
(I'm new at all this farm stuff) =)

an old cardboard egg carton.


Happy Far Monday to you all!

blessings
barbara jean

PS don't forget to go HERE for our what is it game.



4 comments:

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Barbara Jean ~
That is such neat stuff that you found !
You always find wonderful treasures :)

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Love your farm treasures! That egg carrier and egg box are so much fun. I'm wondering if those glass tubes are hydrometers. The one I found recently was used for testing the density of milk.

Faye said...

Yes that's an egg carrier. I bought one years ago and it's buried in the basement some place...I should get it out! You find the BEST stuff!
Faye

Faye said...

Hi Barbara Jean,

I could have described what I did a little better....

I paint the bench with what ever color I want to show after sanding. After it dries I rub on the candle wax. I then paint it with the top color. You can't see where the wax is but when you start sanding the top paint color comes off where the wax is and exposes the base color. Don't get carried away sanding and remove the base color too! (It's easy to accidently do on the edges).
Let me know if you try it out and how it goes...
Faye