Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Vintage Collars & More Lovely Whites




Yesterday I posted about finding these two great boxes...
and how when I opened the collar box I found 3 wonderful
embroidered, vintage Swiss collars.

And I was terrible and made you wait till today.
It is White Wednesday at Kathleen's Faded Charm you know.
So, here they are.
Be sure to click to enlarge and see details.


These look alike til you look very very close.



This was rolled up in the box too. It is not a collar,
but not sure what it was for.

So, I've looked all over the internet for prices for thee,
but everything I find is just plain, no embroidery.
Anyone know anything about them??
I'm thinking I'll just enjoy looking at them for awhile,
then put them in my store.

And here are some fun shabby finds.
See that cool rusty piece right under the art on the door??

Here is a closeup. perfectly rusty peely white.
and how about this??

Perfectly peely parts of an old wood crib.
Please go over to Cathleen's for more lovely whites.
Blessings
barbara jean
White Wednesday
Oh, and come back here tomorrow for more
of the great treasures I have found lately.

13 comments:

Alicia said...

Those are so cool. I've never seen anything like them. Have no idea how much they would be worth but hopefully someone will be able to tell you.

Lululiz said...

I have never come across embroidered collars like that, they are fabulous! What a great find.

Julie said...

Great white pics to share today. Thanks for sharing your finds! Hope you find out more about them. They are lovely!

Unknown said...

Wow, those collars are gorgeous, never seen the like! I guess I didn't realize women wore collars too. Love the crib bits too....I can see some fun uses for that.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I love all your perfectly peely goodies. Those collars are so unique. I've never seen anything like them before and wish I had a clue about the other gorgeous piece. Great finds!!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Oooh, I'm in heaven here today drooling over your perfect whites!!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

She Uses Her Words said...

Wow Barbara! What a beautiful post! I love the collars and have never seen anything like them. Maybe a textile museum web site would have something on them. I love all your white, rusty, finds. You've hit the jackpot lately!
Thanks for sharing!
xo, Karen

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

WOW! They are wonderful!!TFS.
Happy WW.
Hugs,
Marie

Pretty Ragged Threads said...

Wow, those collars are beautiful. I have never seen any like them. I just found your blog and love it. Just had to be a follower.

Jackie

The Polka Dot Closet said...

What a buy!!! I have never seen any, even plain ones!

Carol

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

These collars are exquisite, Barbara Jean! I've never seen such embroidered ones before. What a wonderful treasure.
Your other shabby finds are wonderful too.
Hugs,
Julia

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Those collars are just beautiful works of art!

Jane said...

How pretty are those? Once in awhile you find a treasure like that they just makes you happy! The collars are lovely and in such great shape. That was quite a find!!
Jane