Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Fun Moss Projects


Welcome to outdoor Wednesday.

Moss grows free around here.
On curbs it is easy to gather.

I just used an old metal spatula to scrape it off.

Here is a box full I gathered.
I took this cracked pot
(I never throw anything away!!)
I put it in the flower bed,
and filled it with the moss.
Kept in a shady area, it will continue to grow.
Here is another project.
This is an old wheel part.

Add dirt, moss, a Hen and Chicken, and wah lah!
A cute planter

Now here are just some extra outdoor pictures for you to enjoy.





Happy Outdoor Wednesday Blessings

barbara jean

image146

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for sharing!I love the old wheel part!

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

Love the moss projects...I have that same cracked pot! lol:)

Anonymous said...

Hey Barbara Jean, I'm your newest follower, hope you will come back to southeast Georgia to Loblolly and follow "Lazy on Loblolly".
I love this idea "moss projects", I wonder if I can try this,I'll let you know how it goes, I just love it!
Thanks for your sweet comment on Lazy on Loblolly, hope you come back, and I was wondering do you all have the crosses in the pines,in Oregon?
~JO
LazyonLoblolly

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

lucky duck - free moss! It all looks great.

Mary @ Framed and Tagged said...

Love all your photos!! Looks vintage.

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Barbara. I love the moss!

Lady Farmer said...

Pretty photos and neat ideas for moss! Who knew?
:~P

The Feathered Nest said...

What a beautiful post sweet Barb!!!! I love moss ~ it's so precious....it is perfectly happy to complement another growing thing ~ happy to take the back seat and let the plant be the shining star!!! But moss has a beauty all it's own :) hugs and love, Dawn