Sunday, January 30, 2011

String Holders... and more

I have wanted to make a string holder for some time.
Then I got a few of these spindley kind of things.
I thought how much cuter would it be than a plain dowel to hold it.

So, I just cut a circle of wood, and drilled a hole in it
the size of the hole in the bottom of the spindle.
(is that the right name for them?)
I stained the base to match the spindle as best I could,
glued the dowel into both pieces.....
and..... What do you think???
Too cute??
I love it!!!


And here are some spindles with wool still on them
from the Pendleton Woolen Mills.
Love those colors!

Whoa! What about this one with bright red thread on it?
That might be cute on a base just for decoration.

So, what do you think of these?
I have enough for 4 more,
and there are 4 more rolls of that cool brown twiny stuff. =)
Or I could make some with those spindles that have yarn on them.

Any other creative uses for these?
``````````````````````````````
Now, I'm trying to decide what to do with this adding machine.

It was great filler when I did not have much inventory for the store,
but, that is no longer the case, and I could use the room now.
I cannot decide whether to keep trying to sell it,
or take off the buttons, and take it all apart,
and see how it ticks inside.
Might be some really cool stuff to use.
What do you think??


Thanks for coming by.
So much more to show you another day.

blessings

barbara jean


6 comments:

Linecas have said...

Lit of good finds. I would have taken the mashine apart.It must be some fun stuff inside there. And besides, just the buttons itself is awesome. :)
Spindles like that do we have here also.We can buy them and they are so useful.I have on in the greenhouse for practical use and some for decoration use inside the house.
Have a wonderful day Barbara.
Hugs!

Unknown said...

What great stuff. Love the twine holder, I can just see it being used in an old general store to wrap purchases as they went out the door! Fun!
Thanks, for all the publicity lately! I gained a bunch of followers!

sweet violets said...

Just love the string holders....very cute!!! Take that adding machine apart and use the pieces, the tabs are really neat in some altered art......hugs...cleo

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Hi Barb,
Love what you did to make the twine/string holder.
I once had an adding machine like that and it was just too heavy to carry around to my shows. After 2x I just took the keys off and started selling them;-) I don't even remember if mine worked.
Great job!

Tara said...

oh boy! i have several of those bobbin things and can't wait to make this handy little holder.
thanks

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Wow! That would be a difficult decision to make. I would love to learn what you decide to do.
I doubt I could make up my mind. (I'm a Libra you know and you KNOW how those people are!) :)
Hugs,
Mona