Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Salt Creek Falls Outdoor Wednesday




Today we hiked around the Salt Creek Falls area.
It was a gorgeous day, full of sunshine, and God's amazing creation.
Hard to believe that the stream (above)....

turned into this magnificent waterfall.



my sweet fella, and hiking partner. =)



I climbed down this steep bank with loose gravel
and rocks to try to get a good pic from the base
looking up at the falls.
I got about 2/3rds of the way down before
everything got just too loose and was just not safe.
"Good job stopping", was he message by my sweet fella's thumbs up,
when i said i was coming back up to him.
Sometimes I am a bit too adventuresome for his taste.
More rocky terrain

View from the bottom.

Thanks for joining me for Outdoor Wednesday.
Please click

image146

to see all the other outdoor fun.

blessings

barbara jean

2 comments:

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Barbara Jean ~
Just gorgeous !
I love that the Lord
reminds us of His glory
through beauty like this ~

xoxo
Lori

Linda said...

Just beautiful! What a wonderful place to hike!