Tuesday, September 8, 2009


~White Wednesday


image


Outdoor Wednesday at

Southern Daydreamer

and

at Sue Loves Cherries



This is a combined post for these three special days.
thanks, ladies, for hosting.


OK. First some Red...

Can you see this tiny speck of red?

It is a tiny crocheted basket.


Here it is close up

See, less than 1" big.
Amazing!!


Oh, how about a little red clutter??


And an embroidered towel?



On a unique hanger.
Can you tell what the hanger is made of?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is a bit of outdoors.

I love Birch Trees.

I have picked up many pieces to
use with my nests and nature displays.

But this is the first one ever
that has been a complete circle.
A piece that went all the way around the tree.


See, the edges match up.
(couldn't pull it too far open, It is fragile).

Here is some more white.

These two doors were part of 3 I got at a sale.
$12.00 for three doors!!
One lady insisted on having one, so she gave me $20.00 for it!
I'm keeping the other two for store displays.
(One is going in the new room.
Wait till you see!!)

And here is a treasure i absolutely love!
A vintage wood and metal rocking horse.


And how about a little more red thrown in here?
Isn't this old stove great!!??
I know it's not all there, but just think what
a great plant stand that bottom part would make.
Haven't figured out what to use the top part for yet.

But I will. =0)
OK. Thanks for coming by.
Now go see all the other goodies.

Blessings on your day.

Barbara Jean

23 comments:

claudie said...

Love your clutter and your treasures...
Happy OW & Rednesday.
Love Claudie
xo

Rebecca Nelson said...

Hi BJ~ :)

Boy oh boy girl...what I wouldn't DO WITH THOSE DOORS. That was such a GREAT BUY! No kidding!

Love the little touches of red. RED is my FAVORITE color to wear!

xoRebecca

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

I love all your finds! Thank you for sharing them!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I love your "red clutter" and the use of the bark on your birch tree's. Looking at the different posts, you certainly can pick up some great idea's that you might not have thought of! It's great!
I have a lovely pantry door that I took with me when I moved. It is one with the glass front and etched glass..and I hate to get rid of it..as it is just beautiful but have NO idea what anything like that could be used for other than...a door. NOT old...or I might be able to incorporate it into some sort of use outside on the patio. I am anxious to see what you do with your doors! :)

The Green Pea said...

The little iron rocking horse is to cute. Sandi

Robin Ennis Willson said...

Beautiful! I just love that stove...

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Love your clutter; especially that sweet little towel. Like the door too! Happy REDnesday.

Blessings,
Sandi

Bonnie said...

I really enjoyed your post today. I like all your treasures, especially the wood and metal rocking horse.

★Carol★ said...

You shared some wonderful things today! Love that teeny, tiny basket! And those doors are wonderful, just perfect, and that stove is just adorable! I can definitely see plants tumbling out of there!
Happy Rednesday!

SueLovesCherries said...

Oh, I do like that redwork towel! And that stove - who could let such a beautiful piece go to rust - I'm glad you salvaged it!

Denise Marie said...

great post...you have a good eye. I'd rather have a towel holder that says Clutter than Simplify. ;D

The Feathered Nest said...

Barb!! You find the BEST STUFF!!! My goodness, I would love to be along for the ride girl...of course, we'd love all the same things though :) Hope your day is wonderful, xxoo, Dawn

NicNacManiac said...

Great treasures you scored!!
Happy Rednesday and OW!!

CRJ said...

Great post! I think that the 'hanger' is a fan cage?

Love Bears All Things said...

I once saw a door used as a screen with shelfs on one side. It was so neat.
I like all your lovlies.
Mama Bear

annies home said...

love the little red basket it is so tiny and petite I also love the white rocking horse so vintage look

Diers Eve said...

Combining the 3 events must have been very hard. You are witty!

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day,
Val

Vicki said...

Hi, Barbara Jean,
Loved all of your colors! The tiny basket is amazing! Isn't that old stove so wonderful, too. Thanks for sharing your goodies. Vicki

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Love the doors and the rocking chair.


come visit
cindy@stitches

June said...

Gosh Barb, that stove is so cute. I love the horse too. Can you just imagine how many children had a blast on that sweet little thing!
Smiles,
June

Faded Charm said...

Great whites today. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your evening.

Kathleen

Miss Gracie's House said...

That rocking horse is adorable! And you cna never have too many doors-instant charm and vintage-ness.
Rene'

Lisa said...

You do have a great number of treasures this week! Love the Stove!
Hugs, Lisa