Thursday, July 2, 2009




Get R Done Friday

Today is Get R Done Friday.
Be sure to see Monica and her
cute chickens over at Classy Chassy.

and

show and tell Friday

Go on over to Kelli's House to see more show and tell.
Be sure to tell her thanks for doing such a terrific job hosting.

Boy, what a week.

I did 'Get R Done' but it was a lot of work!!

What was work??
I'm having a garage sale!!!
Any of you who have ever had one know what i mean
but a lot of work!

You spend the week pulling things out,
dusting them off, pricing them, then getting them set up.

The goal was not only to clean out some
of the projects i have never gotten around to,
but to try to get people to know about the store..


Here is some of the big stuff we pulled out.


And 5 tables of small stuff i forgot to take pics of.
That was the work part of my "Get R Done".


Now the fun part
and I can't wait to show and tell ya'.
=0)

Remember this??
A little 50 cent garage sale find.
An outdated box of ME Calendar pages.

Remember i said we would do something with them?

Well, gather these tools and come along.
So easy, so fast.
It is almost done for you.


See how the pages have the dates on them,
and the months?


I have 2 granddaughters with birthdays coming up,
so decided to make their cards.

Find the date you need,
and the month you need,
and some cute flowers,
and start cutting,
and gluing and pasting.

Add a cute pic that fits their little sweetness,
trim up the envelope,
and there you have it.



Sweet cards for two little sweet girls,
and it only took a few minutes of time,
minimal expense, and saved something from the land fill.

You can use any calendar pages like this,
or even regular calendars.

Have fun.

Now,. lets see your 'Get R Done' Friday!!!

Blessings,
Barbara Jean

Next weeks project:
Clean up the garage sale mess!!!!

16 comments:

Weißer Vintagezauber said...

Hello,
thanks for your nice comment.
Zhe white garden-chairs and table are so beautiful.
Have a nice sunny day,see you soon,
Elke.

ClassyChassy said...

Hi there! Great dual posting today! The garage sale 'GET R DONE' was definitely a huge project to complete! I loved having sales, but the prep work could be daunting, for sure. Now that you're getting rid of projects you have never done, you will have a clean slate (and more storage space?) for adding MORE GET R DONE projects! Love your little cards - such a clever idea- and so easy too!

Terry said...

What a cute idea for the birthday cards! I love it!! :0)

Hootin Anni said...

Good luck with your sale.

My show n tell is petrified wood I found in our yard...I think. Come see what you think, your opinion is greatly valued.

LADY JANE said...

I came by from Monicas,AND sigh...I wish I could have shown up in person for your garage sale! I spied the "whites" and am currently looking for a comfy rocler for my daughter whom is expecting! I love the birthday cards too...I'll be back to snoop around your blog home and Happy Sales and 4thof July to you!

Chatty Crone said...

Good luck a garage sale is a huge project!

Rosanne said...

What a great idea to repurpose that book! Thanks for sharing!

Robin said...

What beautiful cards and I love the idea of recycling those outdated calendars!!

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

I love ME cards.. even the calendars were so pretty.. your granddaughters are so lucky to have a very lovely & creative grandma like you! have a great weekend!

Lisa said...

You know I save calenders and then throw them out a few years later as I haven't used them! WHAT a great idea to make a personalized card!!! You are so clever! Well Done You!
Hugs, Lisa

Sammy Girl said...

Hey Barb --
Looks like the makin's of a great garage sale! Probably a good thing I am not there, as I don't need any more chairs .... and I really like one in the pic!
Hugs and Happy 4th!
Betty :)

Miss Gracie's House said...

You are one busy girl! Wish I could have come to your yard sale...I'm sure I would have been *inspired* to buy some of your projects. I really do need more:)
Have a great 4th!
Rene'

ksarra said...

What great items you have for your garage sale! The card idea is soooo cute.

Infrared Goggles said...

Wooooow! You really did a lot today, amazing project, love it!

marie said...

Hi Barb,
What a great idea for birthday cards! I can't bear to throw away the little pages from those tear off calendars ~ this is a perfect way to re-use them!

I hope your garage sale was a success ~ I just had one a month ago abd they are definitely heard work! I hope it drew some attenetion to your shop.

Laurie said...

What a great idea! I have some calendar pages just waiting for inspiration!