Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Building a Tablescape


this is a card table in the corner of our family room.
(fabric and lace can make anything look good.)
I was doing a black and cream tablescape, so next, I draped some black fabric on it over the lace.
(this is a scarf i wear, and the fringe was so fun). The other piece of fabric is one i bought to make pillows out of, and haven't gotten to it. =0)
Next add your dishes, silver, napkins, and wine glasses. (notice the polka dot ribbon on the glasses?) I love a bit of whimsy!
Finish with memorabilia, and a bit of black ribbon on the vines above the nest.

That was a quick over view of the basics.
Next post has all the details.

Enjoy.

9 comments:

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Good morning Barb, Yippee.. I'm so glad you decided to join us.
This is gorgeous girl.. I love your centerpiece..that is totally awesome...
Ok here you go.. you have the logo on your post.. you can put that on your sidebar as well.. go to http://betweennapsontheporch and you'll find Mr. Linky there.. there are 2 boxes one for your blog name the other your url address with is http://treasuresfromtheheart.blogspot.com and then you'll be listed and others should scoot on over to visit your wonderful tablescape... let me know if you have any trouble..or once it's done so I can swing back over to check it out once again... hugs ~lynne~

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Barbara, my comments keep disappearing... would you like for me to go over and put on your name on the list?? I would be happy to..hugs ~lynne~

xinex said...

Turned out very pretty. Love how you showed us the various stages of creating it...Christine

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I like it. The black and cream is so elegant. Love the whimsy too! Happy TT...

Anonymous said...

How pretty and loved the how tos!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Fifi Flowers said...

You put that together sooo fast and it looks GREAT!

Petunia said...

Wow! I love your table! Very pretty and fun!

Anonymous said...

DEAR BARBARA,
I AM NEW TO BLOGGING...OVER A MONTH AND AM NEW TO YOUR BLOG. I FOUND IT THROUGH THE PAINTED NEST.
CREAM AND BLACK ARE ALWAYS ELEGANT TOGETHER AND I LIKED HOW YOU ADDED THE BIRD NESTS FOR THE WHISMICAL.
BLESSINGS
debbie

Kathleen Ellis said...

Very pretty! and so quick and easy!
Love the little bird's nests on the plates, too!
Have a fabulous weekend!
;-D